Acne is a common skin condition that occurs when hair follicles become plugged with oil and dead skin. It causes lumps, bumps and pimples. Acne is most common among teenagers, though it affects people of all ages.
It can be painful for the sufferer and lots of money is spent on topical creams and lotions to try and get rid of the problem.
Wheatgrass juice is safe to use both internally and externally, it’s natural, has no additives and gives you a nutrition boost at the same time- so wouldn’t you rather use this?
Wheatgrass juice is a great for your skin and overall health, here are just some of the reasons why:
- Chlorophyll: It has high levels of chlorophyll that help cleanse toxins from our gut to support and repair our skin health, leading to clearer, less congested skin. The chlorophyll in wheatgrass is anti-bacterial and can help in the prevention of pimples, one study stated that wheatgrass can be used in the treatment of eczema and psoriasis
- Antioxidants: Wheatgrass is high in antioxidants which fight free radicals to prevent cell damage and reduce oxidative stress on the skin.
- Vitamin A: Skin is an important part of our immune system as it is the first line of defence against infection and provides a barrier. Vitamin A helps strengthen this barrier by promoting healthy cell production, it also helps to prevent clogged pores, reducing acne-causing blockages. 346% of the RDA for Vitamin A can be found in our wheatgrass juice.
- Anti-fungal: . Another study found that wheatgrass possesses anti-fungal properties, which can be beneficial to skin health.
- Sun protection: A bonus benefit is wheatgrass is it protects your skin from the sun. UVA and UVB rays are known to be the biggest contributor to ageing. Wheatgrass juice is high in vitamin E and adds photo protective benefits to your skin. It is thought to even help in the prevention and reversal of sun damage.
- Nutrition: One sachet of field-grown wheatgrass juice is equivalent to 1.5lbs of broccoli. For its size, it really packs a punch and delivers the nutrients our skin needs
Of course, adding wheatgrass juice to your diet alone cannot counteract an otherwise unhealthy diet, so focusing on a varied diet is that is high in low glycemic foods and fruits, and vegetables is important.
But next time before reaching for that cream or lotion maybe think about what you are putting inside your body and see if a small change in diet can alter what you see on the outside. To order your nutrient boosting wheatgrass juice visit our shop here today.