Staying hydrated is essential for good health and is especially important during the summer months when we tend to lose more water though perspiration.
Without sufficient water our bodies can’t remove waste products efficiently and we can become constipated. Our joints need water as a lubricant - without it we feel stiff and slow and have low energy.
It is suggested that we drink at least 2 litres of water per day, but if we are in the heat or exercising even this may not be enough.
So how can we tell if we are becoming dehydrated?
- If your urine is darker than pale straw, it could be an indication that you need to increase your water intake
- If you have a dry mouth, increase your water intake
- Headaches can be an early sign of dehydration
- Dry skin can also indicate a lack of hydration
- Reduced urination – if you don’t need to go to the toilet as frequently as usual this could also be a sign
- If you feel dizzy or lightheaded
- If you feel thirsty- you probably are, so drink some extra fluid.
It can feel a challenge to drink the recommended two litres of water each day so why not try adding some flavour with our superfood juices to effortlessly up your hydration levels. To order yours visit our shop here today.